Alan

I am trying to copy to cd r/w but keep getting mesage to say insert r/w cd
which is already inplace any suggestions as to what is wrong
--
alan

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:55:02 -0700, "alan"
<alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to copy to cd r/w but keep getting mesage to say insert r/w cd
>which is already inplace any suggestions as to what is wrong

I suppose the CD is a r/w device. If so, then I'd try that particular
CD in another machine that can r/w. Then I try to re-install the CD
driver, but first I'd check to make sure the driver is up-to-date with
the manufacturer for XP.

If you care using the XP native tools for CD creation you can not directly
copy to CD. You will need to look at Roxio's Drag to CD or Ahead's (Nero)
InCD.

"<----- Which Way ----->" <traxless@msn.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:55:02 -0700, "alan"
> <alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I am trying to copy to cd r/w but keep getting mesage to say insert r/w cd
>>which is already inplace any suggestions as to what is wrong
>
> I suppose the CD is a r/w device. If so, then I'd try that particular
> CD in another machine that can r/w. Then I try to re-install the CD
> driver, but first I'd check to make sure the driver is up-to-date with
> the manufacturer for XP.

Billh

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:59:08 -0400, "Yves Leclerc"
<yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>If you care using the XP native tools for CD creation you can not directly
>copy to CD. You will need to look at Roxio's Drag to CD or Ahead's (Nero)
>InCD.
>

>"<----- Which Way ----->" <traxless@msn.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:55:02 -0700, "alan"
>> <alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I am trying to copy to cd r/w but keep getting mesage to say insert r/w cd
>>>which is already inplace any suggestions as to what is wrong
>>
>> I suppose the CD is a r/w device. If so, then I'd try that particular
>> CD in another machine that can r/w. Then I try to re-install the CD
>> driver, but first I'd check to make sure the driver is up-to-date with
>> the manufacturer for XP.

If you have recently updated to XP SP2 then Microsoft Article 883523
says that there is a bg in SP2 which turns off cd/rw, and you will
have to wait until SP3 to get it fixed.

"alan" <alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to copy to cd r/w but keep getting mesage to say insert r/w cd
> which is already inplace any suggestions as to what is wrong
> --
> alan

Sometimes you have to pull it out and stick it in again. Sometimes just
leaving it out, the she will put it in herself.