Sign in with
Your question

Video In Difference Between 8500DV & TV Wonder

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 23, 2001 5:24:53 PM

I have been in the market for a video card that can do everything. I have been thinking about an AIW Radeon 8500DV, but I have also heard some people talk about buying a TV Wonder and a separate video card. Is there a difference in capture quality, output quality, and compatibility between the two?

I have:

AthlonXP 1900+
Soyo K7V Dragon Plus
Hercules Game Theater XP
Windows XP

Thanks for any help.
December 23, 2001 9:38:35 PM

for a good versatile video card the best of is the new AIW 8500DV

but you must have the budget for because they are not cheaper for the moment (it's the flag chip off the Brand)

the other alternative is the AIW Radeon with same video in/out qualities but less power on 3D because of its GPU which is more efficient but with a half budget

EasyInfo :cool:
I would like to Invest for my PC !!
ok, buy nothing.
December 25, 2001 5:18:18 AM

If you want to have a remote, firewire support, and plan on playing games (and feel the need for speed) get the AIW 8500. If you just want to capture video, want a decent video card, and lots of features, get the AIW Radeon. Both are very much the same in video preformance, the 8500 just adds features such as the remote, firewire, the ablility to have your TV out and Monitor out at different resultuions, and a faster GPU. The ATI site, by the way, states that the AIW Radeon does not support HD TV Output, but if you look at the original specs, all you need is the DVI to Component Convert (which they Plan on selling) and you should be able to have the same output as the more expensive 8500 modle.

If it works for you then don't fix it.
December 25, 2001 5:52:26 AM

The most important reason to get a TV Wonder and a separate video card is that you will be able to use the TV Wonder when you get a new Video card. It is nice if you change your video card often.
!