start up problem

iradil Wrote:
> I have WinXP SP2 installed and about 2wks ago I installed the updates
> from the windows update site. upon restart however, XP gets to the
> welcome screen w/ login info, the system restarts and repeats the boot
> process. It is hung in this loop and loading in safe mode or any on
> those F8 options don't seem to help.
> Any ideas on how I should fix this; reinstalling is a very last
> resort.
>
> thanks much

Here is the error message from my blue screen. "*-Windows logon process
system process terminated unexpectedly with status 0x0000... system was
shutdown"-.*

--
iradil
1 answer Last reply

    I just encountered this exact problem also. XP has been loaded for some
    time, but since it is a little used compter, I brought it up tonight and
    updated XP and now I am having the same problem. On boot it gets to the
    point that the next thing should be the log in screen, but always reboots.
    Any ideas, short of a format an XP reinstall?

    "iradil" wrote:

    > iradil Wrote:
    > > I have WinXP SP2 installed and about 2wks ago I installed the updates
    > > from the windows update site. upon restart however, XP gets to the
    > > welcome screen w/ login info, the system restarts and repeats the boot
    > > process. It is hung in this loop and loading in safe mode or any on
    > > those F8 options don't seem to help.
    > > Any ideas on how I should fix this; reinstalling is a very last
    > > resort.
    > >
    > > thanks much
    >
    > Here is the error message from my blue screen. "*-Windows logon process
    > system process terminated unexpectedly with status 0x0000... system was
    > shutdown"-.*
    >

    > --
    > iradil

Windows XP