PLZ HELP!!! /me is getting stressed :(

G

i got a winfast Ti 200 today and its running REAL slow.
In Q3 if i stand facing a wall i get 90+ but as soon as I turn away i get around 40FPS. ive tryed 800x600 and up, 16 or 32 bit makes no differance. with my GF2 GTS i used to get 90+ ALL the time. im Q2 i had 200+ now i get 70!

Ive tryed formating, changed drivers, changed DX, messed with the BIOS, taken all my PCI cards out and formated (from ME to 98SE) it makes no differance :(

i have:
TB 1.3
epox 8kha
512MB DDR
GF3 Ti200 (trying)

i would be Very thankfull for any help!!

eden

Champion
Hmm those options MAY be the problem. I heard those two can cause more probs than improving performance.
I am sure it has to be a BIOS setting. Otherwise, the card may be defective or its drivers, and I'd recommend trying another of the same. If not, it could be a motherboard issue. Have you updated the mobo driver?

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Turn off fastwrites and sba, also make sure your agp apeture is 128 or larger, but no more than half your system ram.

Also make sure your anti ailasing is off or at qunicunx, and if you have turned up alot of features you may experience a better looking but slower fps experience.

Make sure you install the det 21.83's and everything should play nice.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

G

i turned off fast-writes and side band addressing and gained 10 fps. im using 4in1 437 (newest) and DX8

G

i set the agp apeture is 128 (1/4 of my ram) and shadowed the video bios im already running on det 21.85. i set everything to max (32 bit high detail @ 1034x768) and get 135 on a stress demo that i made. not super but i can live with that ;). tanx for the help all!

eden

Champion
Try in other games, to see how it improves and yes check out the features enabled. Sometimes a new card performs differently with old games...

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

Latest posts