Can't send only receive!

I have no idea what's going on, I have dlink 614+ router connected via
ethernet to a 2wire homeportal which in turn is connected to the internet.

The dlink is set to receive it's IP dynamically and it's working out
fine. All the clients connected to the dlink can surf the web.

It's when I try to send something that it gets screwed up. I can't send
email, I can't upload to an FTP server, I can't post to newsgroups.

The only thing I can do to get this to work is if I connect directly to
the 2wire portal, then I can send as well.

What might be the problem here?

Using macos x 10.3.4 and XP home ed.
1 answer Last reply
More about send receive

    On Mon, 31 May 2004 13:36:17 -0400, Magnus <magnus@medx.se> wrote:

    >I have no idea what's going on, I have dlink 614+ router connected via
    >ethernet to a 2wire homeportal which in turn is connected to the internet.
    >
    >The dlink is set to receive it's IP dynamically and it's working out
    >fine. All the clients connected to the dlink can surf the web.
    >
    >It's when I try to send something that it gets screwed up. I can't send
    >email, I can't upload to an FTP server, I can't post to newsgroups.
    >
    >The only thing I can do to get this to work is if I connect directly to
    >the 2wire portal, then I can send as well.
    >
    >What might be the problem here?
    >
    >Using macos x 10.3.4 and XP home ed.

    That sounds like a software firewall issue. With Norton being the
    worst offender.Turn any of them off until the problem is fixed. I
    would also use Drtcp to set the MTU to 1492 on the notebook or any
    others.
    http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp

D-Link Internet Wireless Networking