PNY Verto GF2-TI or Leadtek WinFast GF2-TI?

dabb

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2001
I'm looking at getting either the PNY Verto GeForce2-Ti or Leadtek WinFast Titanium TH for a new Windows 2000 system I'm building (Soyo Dragon+, AMD XP 1800+). Both cards are around $120 mail order. I'm not familiar with either manufacturer, so I don't know who has better drivers, support, or quality. Any recommendations?

G

Given the choice between those two, I would go for the Leadtek. I think they make quality cards. Personally I use Detonator drivers and I can't speak of each company's support, so I can't comment on those.

Personally, I like the Gainward cards. They overclock extremely well (can't say as I hate the red PCB either ;-). For $10 more you can get video in/out on the Ti500xp ($130 at newegg).

G

I too like Gainward alot,Leadtek was my next choice, and PNY makes good cards as well-they also come with a lifetime warranty. A friend of mine has a PNY card and he has had no problems and likes it alot.

dabb

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2001
For $10 more, looks like you can't go wrong with the Gainward Ti500 which I just ordered from NewEgg. Thanks for the tips!