Problems with installing software

Lately I've been having problems installing different software.

When I doubleclick the installation file... the Wise (uninstall)
software starts and inmediately gives an error message, only very
little descriptive: an error has occurred. It saves the details to a
appcompat.txt file...

It also happens when running the Windows Install Clean Up application.

anybody got a clue?

thanks,

Fries
1 answer Last reply
More about problems installing software

    Sounds like you have a third party application installed "Wise"? You might
    want to go to their support site.

    "Fries" wrote:

    > Lately I've been having problems installing different software.
    >
    > When I doubleclick the installation file... the Wise (uninstall)
    > software starts and inmediately gives an error message, only very
    > little descriptive: an error has occurred. It saves the details to a
    > appcompat.txt file...
    >
    > It also happens when running the Windows Install Clean Up application.
    >
    > anybody got a clue?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Fries

Microsoft Error Message Software Windows XP