On Board Graphics - need help

G

Hello, I just bought a AMD Athlon XP. This machine's sole purpose will be for video editing. I don't think the computer has any bottle necks except for the graphics card. The card is an Integrated SIS 730S 2D/3D video Accelerator on a ECS K7SEM/M810LMR Mainboard. Can I simply bypass this graphics card by installing a new AGP card. What does anyone recommend for video rendering. Thanks in advance...needy of advice - Ralph

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Sorry, as soon as I see the word "rendering" my mind shifts to 3d, for 2d you dont need a fast video card, you could probably get away with what you have but the picture probably sucks. The biggest speed increase you'll recieve is from the freed up memory. If I can remember correctly that motherboard stated that it only supports Nvidia AGP graphics cards (I'd never heard of anything like that before that's why I remember it, check your manual). Do some searching on the net on some of the cards available, decide on what features you may like or dislike. Read a couple of reviews and then decide.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
If you are going to upgrade, the Radeons have better 2D performance than the GF's (especially the GF2).

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.

Latest posts