Error message from XP when setting default mail program

I just purchased a Dell Dimension 9100 with Windows XP Home Edition. After
using AlohaBob to transfer my data and programs from my old PC (Windows
Professional) I cannot set the default e-mail program using the "Set Program
Access and Defaults" menu. After selecting "Custom", choosing "Outlook
Express" and clicking "OK" I get the following error message:

RUNDLL
Error in C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll
Missing entry: OCInstall

Can someone give me a clue as how to eliminate this error?

Much appreciated,

Dale
2 answers Last reply
More about error message setting default mail program

    Reinstall Outlook.

    "dalester" wrote:

    > I just purchased a Dell Dimension 9100 with Windows XP Home Edition. After
    > using AlohaBob to transfer my data and programs from my old PC (Windows
    > Professional) I cannot set the default e-mail program using the "Set Program
    > Access and Defaults" menu. After selecting "Custom", choosing "Outlook
    > Express" and clicking "OK" I get the following error message:
    >
    > RUNDLL
    > Error in C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll
    > Missing entry: OCInstall
    >
    > Can someone give me a clue as how to eliminate this error?
    >
    > Much appreciated,
    >
    > Dale

    Dale,

    An alternate way of setting the default email client is using Internet
    Options Programs tab. See if that helps.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "dalester" <djh925@comcast.com> wrote in message

    > I just purchased a Dell Dimension 9100 with Windows XP Home Edition. After
    > using AlohaBob to transfer my data and programs from my old PC (Windows
    > Professional) I cannot set the default e-mail program using the "Set
    > Program
    > Access and Defaults" menu. After selecting "Custom", choosing "Outlook
    > Express" and clicking "OK" I get the following error message:
    >
    > RUNDLL
    > Error in C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll
    > Missing entry: OCInstall
    >
    > Can someone give me a clue as how to eliminate this error?
    >
    > Much appreciated,
    >
    > Dale

Default Error Message Windows XP