Export e-mail from Outlook?...

August 27, 2005 4:39:59 PM

I have been using Outlook for quite a while now and have always exported to
a CVS or Excel file when backing up. It's not bad, but viewing e-mail on a
spreadsheet and losing all the attached files is not the best solution.

Are there any good solutions out there? I have a "Save Mail" folder I'd like
to back up every so often and be able to search and read through it. Even if
it exports all the e-mails into one long document, or PDF, that would be
great. Ideally I would like to save the attachments too but that is less
critical.

I believe Outlook stores in mbox format? So maybe a tool that works with
that. Or with Outlook's archive format. Anyway...just looking for a good way
to export all my emails to a normal readable file..thanks!

Frank

--
http://www.mediaartist.com/
"Media Artist Secrets"

More about : export mail outlook

August 27, 2005 4:40:00 PM

Have a look here..

"frank" <frankmcma@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have been using Outlook for quite a while now and have always exported to
>a CVS or Excel file when backing up. It's not bad, but viewing e-mail on a
>spreadsheet and losing all the attached files is not the best solution.
>
> Are there any good solutions out there? I have a "Save Mail" folder I'd
> like to back up every so often and be able to search and read through it.
> Even if it exports all the e-mails into one long document, or PDF, that
> would be great. Ideally I would like to save the attachments too but that
> is less critical.
>
> I believe Outlook stores in mbox format? So maybe a tool that works with
> that. Or with Outlook's archive format. Anyway...just looking for a good
> way to export all my emails to a normal readable file..thanks!
>
> Frank
>
> --
> http://www.mediaartist.com/
> "Media Artist Secrets"
> The Blog for Creative Professionals

August 27, 2005 7:06:22 PM

Yes..I do know how to back up pst files..not what I am looking for but
thanks!

Anyone else have an suggestions...

--

!