can't logon to domain using NetGear WG311

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 1, 2004 2:13:38 AM

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me troubleshoot my inability to logon to my
Windows 2000 Server (Active Directory) controlled domain.

I have two computers, one a desktop, one a notebook - identically configured
and using Netgear 11g wireless NICs (with the latest drivers). With the
notebook (using a WG511), I have no problem logging on to the domain but
with the desktop (using a WG311) I cannot do so - it gives me a 'The system
cannot log you on now because the domain X is not available'. It is as
though the notebook's network connection functions both before and after log
on but the desktop's connection is only initialised after logging on.

Similarly, I can ping the notebook (from the server) both before and after
logging on but I can only, successfully, ping the desktop after the process
has completed.

-dan
Anonymous
June 1, 2004 4:08:46 AM

Hmm, I actually just solved this one myself. I disabled Wireless Zero
Configuration (actually stopped then set the service to manual, not
automatic) and, suddenly, everything worked! I have no idea why but... there
you go.

-dan

!