can't logon to domain using NetGear WG311

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me troubleshoot my inability to logon to my
Windows 2000 Server (Active Directory) controlled domain.

I have two computers, one a desktop, one a notebook - identically configured
and using Netgear 11g wireless NICs (with the latest drivers). With the
notebook (using a WG511), I have no problem logging on to the domain but
with the desktop (using a WG311) I cannot do so - it gives me a 'The system
cannot log you on now because the domain X is not available'. It is as
though the notebook's network connection functions both before and after log
on but the desktop's connection is only initialised after logging on.

Similarly, I can ping the notebook (from the server) both before and after
logging on but I can only, successfully, ping the desktop after the process
has completed.

-dan
1 answer Last reply
More about logon domain netgear wg311

    Hmm, I actually just solved this one myself. I disabled Wireless Zero
    Configuration (actually stopped then set the service to manual, not
    automatic) and, suddenly, everything worked! I have no idea why but... there
    you go.

    -dan

    "Dan Brill" <news@mangoed.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I wonder if anyone could help me troubleshoot my inability to logon to my
    > Windows 2000 Server (Active Directory) controlled domain.
    >
    > I have two computers, one a desktop, one a notebook - identically
    configured
    > and using Netgear 11g wireless NICs (with the latest drivers). With the
    > notebook (using a WG511), I have no problem logging on to the domain but
    > with the desktop (using a WG311) I cannot do so - it gives me a 'The
    system
    > cannot log you on now because the domain X is not available'. It is as
    > though the notebook's network connection functions both before and after
    log
    > on but the desktop's connection is only initialised after logging on.
    >
    > Similarly, I can ping the notebook (from the server) both before and after
    > logging on but I can only, successfully, ping the desktop after the
    process
    > has completed.
    >
    > -dan

Domain Notebooks Desktops Wireless Networking