Dim 9100

Do the side openings on the Dim 9100 mean I have to provide side
clearance? If so, how much? I want to stand the 9100 on the floor
against one side of my desk's kneehole.

I would recommend against that location, as you
will find that immense amounts of dirt will find
their way inside.

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:16:04 -0400, "Pen" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>I would recommend against that location, as you
>will find that immense amounts of dirt will find
>their way inside.

I have had my old tower there for 5 years with no problems.

"Shel" <scs@XXXieee.org> wrote in message news:kafob1puor5iqk5n1kk89gue86v6ej7a30@4ax.com...
> Do the side openings on the Dim 9100 mean I have to provide side
> clearance? If so, how much? I want to stand the 9100 on the floor
> against one side of my desk's kneehole.

I wouldn't put it right up against a wall. Just move it out a
little bit, like 2" or so.

"User N" <usern@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "Shel" <scs@XXXieee.org> wrote in message
>> Do the side openings on the Dim 9100 mean I have to provide side
>> clearance? If so, how much? I want to stand the 9100 on the floor
>> against one side of my desk's kneehole.
>
> I wouldn't put it right up against a wall. Just move it out a
> little bit, like 2" or so.

It has both front and side vents on the bezel. It should do fine in the
situation you describe.

Stew

TRENDING THREADS