Supressing the "this device can perform faster" message

Every time I plug in my mp3 player to my USB 1.1 connection it
displays the "this device can perform faster" message. I know
perfectly well that I don't have any USB 2.0 ports, and I don't need
to be reminded every time I connect my player. Is there any way to
suppress this message?

Mike Christie
mike [at] csquared [dot] com

How to turn off the "Hi-speed USB device plugged into non-hi-speed USB hub"
warning message
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835967

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Mike Christie" wrote:

| Every time I plug in my mp3 player to my USB 1.1 connection it
| displays the "this device can perform faster" message. I know
| perfectly well that I don't have any USB 2.0 ports, and I don't need
| to be reminded every time I connect my player. Is there any way to
| suppress this message?
|
| Mike Christie

Bud

"MikeChristie" <mike@csquared[nospam].com> wrote in message
> Every time I plug in my mp3 player to my USB 1.1 connection it
> displays the "this device can perform faster" message. I know
> perfectly well that I don't have any USB 2.0 ports, and I don't need
> to be reminded every time I connect my player. Is there any way to
> suppress this message?
>
> Mike Christie
> mike [at] csquared [dot] com

try In Device Manager, click on the USB host controller, click the Advanced
tab and then check the box on the bottom of the window that says "Don't tell
me about USB errors." I think you need to do this for each USB controller
listed under USB in Device Manager so that the error message will not appear
no matter which controller the device gets plugged into.

Yes, the only way to suppress this message is to install a new USB card on your system. Uncle Bill thinks he is doing you a favor by reminding you all the time!!! Very nice of him to be concerned about your well
being.

PS: I wanted to go to India but my job went instead so I am here to wind people up!! Those half naked indian fakirs are doing my job now!!!