When I am starting my computer I receive the next error:

"....missing archive......

/windows/system32/config/system....."

and the there is a message about insert the windows xp original disk.

Some can help me? How I can fix this problem?

Gabriel

Hey, I am standing by for an answer to the same problem. I was told that we
can use Registry repair software to repair the registry. I asked if I can
load the software if I can not even boot up. There is a site that rates the
top 20 Registry Repair discs.
--
California Fan Man

"Gabriel Villalobos" wrote:

> When I am starting my computer I receive the next error:
>
> "....missing archive......
>
> /windows/system32/config/system....."
>
> and the there is a message about insert the windows xp original disk.
>
> Some can help me? How I can fix this problem?
>
> Gabriel

Arthur

I had one of those, and tried everything, you will probably never get in to
your OS to repair it ... you will have to re-load the OS with your recovery
disk .. boot to the BIOS, and make sure your CD-ROM is the first "boot look"
source ... first put your disk in and try to boot.

"Lil road pup" <Lilroadpup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey, I am standing by for an answer to the same problem. I was told that
> we
> can use Registry repair software to repair the registry. I asked if I can
> load the software if I can not even boot up. There is a site that rates
> the
> top 20 Registry Repair discs.
> --
> California Fan Man
>

> "Gabriel Villalobos" wrote:
>
>> When I am starting my computer I receive the next error:
>>
>> "....missing archive......
>>
>> /windows/system32/config/system....."
>>
>> and the there is a message about insert the windows xp original disk.
>>
>> Some can help me? How I can fix this problem?
>>
>> Gabriel

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
starting"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

--

Will Denny