I have a HP Pavillion Pentium M 1.5 gHz,and what I thought was 512
megs of RAM. In the BIOS and in My Computer, it is telling me I have
480 megs. I am trying to install SQL Server but the installation will
not work because it needs the full 512. Is there something I can do to
remedy this?

<skinzz420@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a HP Pavillion Pentium M 1.5 gHz,and what I thought was 512
> megs of RAM. In the BIOS and in My Computer, it is telling me I have
> 480 megs. I am trying to install SQL Server but the installation will
> not work because it needs the full 512. Is there something I can do to
> remedy this?

Buy more ram, it sounds like it's subtracting memory used for the video card
= 32 meg.

Stuart