Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I wanted to do an error check on my C drive so i went to tools and
selected 'Check Now'

I ticked both check disk options and then 'start'

Then the message came up saying about "...These files can only be
acessed by resarting windows. Do you want to schedule this disk check
to occur the next time you restart your computer?"

So, i selected 'Yes'

Now, when i restarted the blue screen came up during re-booting to
start the check but i got this message ....

*"Cannot open volume for direct access

Windows has finished checking the disk"*

....then it carried on re-booting instead of carrying out the check
disk...

But - this now happens EVERY time i start my machine and not only that
- its now taking ages and ages to boot up and start by broadband
connection!

What can i do to stop this?

--
Mikey