Media player 10. How to delete history in "File", "open", ..

August 28, 2005 12:56:10 AM

Hi can anyone help me to delete the history in media player 10. I know how to
delete history when you click "file" at the top left of the screen, but dont
know how to delete history when you click "File", then "open". You will see
"File name" almost at the bottom of the screen with a tick on the far right
of the icon. If you click the tick you will see history.

How do i dlete this??

Help me please........
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 3:12:01 AM

Try tools,options,in the new window locate-delete history.

"Patchy_Pete" wrote:

> Hi can anyone help me to delete the history in media player 10. I know how to
> delete history when you click "file" at the top left of the screen, but dont
> know how to delete history when you click "File", then "open". You will see
> "File name" almost at the bottom of the screen with a tick on the far right
> of the icon. If you click the tick you will see history.
>
> How do i dlete this??
>
> Help me please........
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 5:33:22 PM

WMP | Tools | Options | Privacy tab | Clear History button | Clear CD/DVD
button

[[To prevent the history of files played and URLs visited from being stored,
clear the Save file and URL history in the Player check box. ]]

Or delete everything in
%homepath%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player
or
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Media Player

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:33B2FAA4-4A7B-4143-B21C-336BA9868671@microsoft.com,
Patchy_Pete <Patchy_Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi can anyone help me to delete the history in media player 10. I know
> how to delete history when you click "file" at the top left of the
> screen, but dont know how to delete history when you click "File", then
> "open". You will see "File name" almost at the bottom of the screen with
> a tick on the far right of the icon. If you click the tick you will see
> history.
>
> How do i dlete this??
>
> Help me please........
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 3:14:12 PM

How to delete the recent play list from Windows Media Player
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243621

--

!