Media player 10. How to delete history in "File", "open", ..

Hi can anyone help me to delete the history in media player 10. I know how to
delete history when you click "file" at the top left of the screen, but dont
know how to delete history when you click "File", then "open". You will see
"File name" almost at the bottom of the screen with a tick on the far right
of the icon. If you click the tick you will see history.

How do i dlete this??

Help me please........
3 answers Last reply
More about media player delete history file open

    Try tools,options,in the new window locate-delete history.

    "Patchy_Pete" wrote:

    > Hi can anyone help me to delete the history in media player 10. I know how to
    > delete history when you click "file" at the top left of the screen, but dont
    > know how to delete history when you click "File", then "open". You will see
    > "File name" almost at the bottom of the screen with a tick on the far right
    > of the icon. If you click the tick you will see history.
    >
    > How do i dlete this??
    >
    > Help me please........

    WMP | Tools | Options | Privacy tab | Clear History button | Clear CD/DVD
    button

    [[To prevent the history of files played and URLs visited from being stored,
    clear the Save file and URL history in the Player check box. ]]

    Or delete everything in
    %homepath%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player
    or
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Media Player

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:33B2FAA4-4A7B-4143-B21C-336BA9868671@microsoft.com,
    Patchy_Pete <Patchy_Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi can anyone help me to delete the history in media player 10. I know
    > how to delete history when you click "file" at the top left of the
    > screen, but dont know how to delete history when you click "File", then
    > "open". You will see "File name" almost at the bottom of the screen with
    > a tick on the far right of the icon. If you click the tick you will see
    > history.
    >
    > How do i dlete this??
    >
    > Help me please........

    How to delete the recent play list from Windows Media Player
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243621

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:33B2FAA4-4A7B-4143-B21C-336BA9868671@microsoft.com,
    Patchy_Pete <Patchy_Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi can anyone help me to delete the history in media player 10. I know
    > how to delete history when you click "file" at the top left of the
    > screen, but dont know how to delete history when you click "File", then
    > "open". You will see "File name" almost at the bottom of the screen with
    > a tick on the far right of the icon. If you click the tick you will see
    > history.
    >
    > How do i dlete this??
    >
    > Help me please........

Media Player Windows XP