Radeon 8500 OEM to RETAIL bios?

G

Hello everybody,

This christmas I ordered a retail 275/275MHz Radeon 8500 but was sent the cheaper 230/230MHz version. I called the store I bought it from in california and they are no longer in business so this basically means I got ripped off $90.

I've heard that you can update/patch the oem bios to the retail bios and actually found a website that gives you information on how to do so. Unfortunatly, that site no longer offers the file you need to perform the update.

I am wondering if anyone can send me the required file. I really want to salvage the loss I suffered when I got ripped off. Please help.

Thank You,
Mike.

Please email me at yaggablue@hotmail.com with the file or where to get it, thanks. I don't know how large the file is and how large an attachment hotmail allows, so if the file is larger then say 750KB, please email me for a private email address you can send larger attachments to.

G

Hey starwrs3,

I went to rage3d.com and looked all over for the bios but couldn't find it. I found a boat load of drivers tho. :)
I checked the fourms there and the most I saw was people talking about the bios hack but no link to the files at all and no mention of where to get the file. I've tried searching the web with almost every search engine as well but no go.

Someone please help me out.
Mike.

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
From what I hear you can get the 250/250 up to retail levels, but the 230/230 won't do it. From what I hear the 230/230 can't even get to the 250/250 level. Again, no personal experience, just from what I hear.

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Sorry, man. That's why I don't like buying online. I keep hearing horror stories of how it's unreliable! I got my retail Radeon 8500 for a good $384 Canadian or about $250USD!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor