ATI Support SUCKS!!!

G

I have a Radeon 8500 and have been having a lot of problems with games, I'm pretty sure it's driver probs on there end. But, when I e-mail them a question all I ever get from them is an automated response... I wish I opted for an Nvidia now! ahhhh!!!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
lol, you actually believe they have the time to answer every single e-mail? You need to call them if you need tech support, but tell me what the problem you are having is. I doubt it's simply a driver problem. Relax, calm down, and explain. I can probably help you fix it.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
LOL Thats Quality, in fact verging on priceless :eek:)

Imagine the support desk they would have to pay to be able to respond to every single persons problems !!
If you got issues that are so bad that your yelling at everyone I suggest to you that it is more than just drivers that are your problem.

Perhaps you should start at the begining !

Tim

I am Homer of Borg ! Prepare to be... MMMhhhhh Doughnuts

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
So you use these drivers? I think I'll give em a try, I can always go back. Hope they rock my little Radeon 32DDR!!

Do you really like your Gamecube? I have yet to see a decent game for it.

eh, i'll procrastinate later...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheAntipop on 12/30/01 02:27 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Who yelling at anyone? I'm yelling at my wall.. not you guys or ATI.. I guess I'm just a little frustrated.
Anyway, My first problem is for the game Janes WW2 fighters. The text in the game is missing. I have ATI's most current drivers and I've tried the alternates. (I know a problem like this isn't going to get ATI to jump up and down and come and save me, but what's the point of having e-mail support if they never respond?) Next, Flight Simulator 2002, all the textures dissapear and turn blue. ATI knows about this but in their FAQ they say it's only a problem using Windows ME or Windows XP, I have Windows 2000 pro. Is there something I need to do? or should I assume when they address the problem for the other OS it will apply to me also?
Thanks for any help...

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Here's what u do. Go to where u got ur R8500 from, and return it. Then yell at them. Then go and buy a GF3 Ti500. Odd that Ati can't respond to e-mails- I've sent plenty to NVidia, all of which were responded to(they weren't necessarily about any problems though).

My rice car will leave your R8500 in the dust!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Yup, it's a driver problem. Agh, why is that computer enthusiasts are never patient? Wait for a driver fix. Sorry, that's all I can say. Also, try all the revisions of the drivers.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

You mean the alternate drivers I said I already tried? or are there others I am not aware of?

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
automated responses are sent by an automat

i think there is noone behind it because of vacations

moreover there are a lot of support centers which don't reply before 1 or 2 weeks (too much work, not enough staff)

if you know you don't know, the way could be more easy. :cool:

<sarcasm>
there is this new magical technology out there where like, if you talk, ya TALK!, into this device ... get this!!!? they can hear you! oh oh oh and .. they can talk back!!!! talk about genious!
</sarcasm>

lol hey you earned it use the phone stupid lol.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

sorry for the sarcasm.. just kidding ... anyway

most companies do a automated response. sometimes they reply sometimes they don't. in the mean time try figuring out the problem yourself. if you read the automated response it usualy says somewhere they will try and respond later or something like that.

oh what you could do is download the recommended drivers. not the new one. Remove, unisntall the other ones. do that by installing the standard vga. also check add/remove programs and see if it's there if so remove it. ati display drivers. reboot and then if it picks it up, cancle it if you can and install the display drivers. try it from cd first. if yo ustill have problems then use the reocmmended drivers, if not those then the other ones and keep trying things out.

good luck!

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

G

Wow a phone, but like I said in the earlier post, What's the point of e-mail support if all they do is send me FAQ links that I've already gone through on their site? They need to put a little note next to the the e-mail support link that says all you will ever get through this is automated response. And I already said in my earlier posts that I've tried all the alternate drivers, or can't you read? (sarcasm) And I am running the recommended one now because the same problem exists with all the drivers.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by paco1919 on 12/31/01 04:48 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

given your attitude how about you go fu'ck yourself and help with your own damn problem :)

give an addtiude and receive an addtiude and don't expect people to help you with you giving an additude.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
Quothe the AMDman
"Yup, it's a driver problem. Agh, why is that computer enthusiasts are never patient? Wait for a driver fix. Sorry, that's all I can say. Also, try all the revisions of the drivers."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHA I'm still waiting for ati drivers for my rage maxx that work lololololo you were kidding right ???

Ok ok I sound like a troll but there ya has it... waited 3 years for a fix so I could use it with AirWarrior 3d .. still waiting but in the mean time got 2 different geforce cards ( a 2 pro and a 3 ti 200) .. both worked outta the box..with everything ..

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Computers run on smoke, I let the smoke out of mine and it quit working </b> </font color=blue>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Rage MAXX was a joke! It really was the worst thing ATI ever made! All the AFR was done in software! My advice, don't get fooled by dual-processor GPUs.

G

relax ppl and just explain ur problem..

Can anyone teach me how to overclock time? I need more of it for 2002!

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
Forgive me but I fail to see the comedy in your post which would define it as a "simple joke"
And then going on to say "go fu'ck yourself" strikes me just as a little rude ! The poor guy was genrally frustrated and having been in very annoying situations like that myself I know where hes coming from. Perhaps if you haven't got anything useful to add you should keep that nice polite mouth of yours shut !

Tim

I am Homer of Borg ! Prepare to be... MMMhhhhh Doughnuts

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Stiffler is right skater, YOU were the one who gave him crap, and when he replied with the fact he did not want YOUR crap, and he needed a hand, you told him to [-peep-] off.

Then you say something to me when I point this out to you?

In the words of a spineless fool I once knew.

F'ck off skater.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!