Windows does not load past welcome screen

August 28, 2005 7:29:02 AM

Hi

I have windows xp home edition on my laptop but since yesterday windows
hasnt been loading past the welcome screen. At this stage the screen just
freezes.

I tried starting up in safe mode but that didnt work either.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue.

Thanks
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 11:37:24 AM

Alvin,
I'd do F-8 Function-key selective bootup and try hard to use Last Known Good.

When the pc is booting up (after the BIOS has done its POST test and
before Windows starts loading),
Tap F8 Function key to get bootup options. Tap & keep repeat tapping F8 !

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Alvin1105 wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have windows xp home edition on my laptop but since yesterday
> windows hasnt been loading past the welcome screen. At this stage the
> screen just freezes.
>
> I tried starting up in safe mode but that didnt work either.
>
> Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue.
>
> Thanks
August 28, 2005 3:40:00 PM

Alvin1105 wrote:
> *Hi
>
> I have windows xp home edition on my laptop but since yesterday
> windows
> hasnt been loading past the welcome screen. At this stage the screen
> just
> freezes.
>
> I tried starting up in safe mode but that didnt work either.
>
> Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue.
>
> Thanks *

Hi have you tried starting up with network support,or booting with your
xp cd in the cd-rom.

--
thedon57