I730 and "Latest Fix"

Has anyone else heard about a new fix for the I-730? Supposedly there is a
new chip that can be installed at any repair center that fixes the problems
of dropped calls and connections with their network.

Thanks;
Barry

In message <SUqdndKyC-wsYhXcUSdV9g@ptd.net> "Barry M." <barrym@ptd.net>
wrote:

>Has anyone else heard about a new fix for the I-730? Supposedly there is a
>new chip that can be installed at any repair center that fixes the problems
>of dropped calls and connections with their network.

There was a Motorola release about it, but the URL seems to have
changed. Your best bet is to just contact Nextel.

--
Boom. Boom boom boom. Boom boom. BOOM. Have a nice day.
-- Susan Ivanova, B5

"Barry M." <barrym@ptd.net> wrote in

> Has anyone else heard about a new fix for the I-730? Supposedly
> there is a new chip that can be installed at any repair center that
> fixes the problems of dropped calls and connections with their
> network.

I didn't hear anything about a chip. There was a service bulletin (which
I previously posted) that adds a ground clip to i730's manufactured
prior to June 2004 which should help with dropped call/connection
issues. I had the mod done a week and a half ago and I haven't had a
dropped call since.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

In message <Xns9596A79D5424419knightofneon20@204.127.199.17> Neon Knight
<neonknight@xemaps.com> wrote:

>> Has anyone else heard about a new fix for the I-730? Supposedly
>> there is a new chip that can be installed at any repair center that
>> fixes the problems of dropped calls and connections with their
>> network.
>
>I didn't hear anything about a chip. There was a service bulletin (which
>I previously posted) that adds a ground clip to i730's manufactured
>prior to June 2004 which should help with dropped call/connection
>issues. I had the mod done a week and a half ago and I haven't had a
>dropped call since.

Anybody know where/how to get this modification in TELUS land?

--
I'd rather be told "Have a nice day" by someone who doesn't mean it,
than to "F--- OFF" by someone who does.