Double image in games...and a cursor in the middle

G

heres the problem: whenever i play a game (or try to), there is the main screen, but there is also the main screen again, smushed into the top third of the monitor. why does this happen? in deus ex was abe to fix it as soon as i changed the resolution up to 1600 by 1200, like my desktop is. In disciples i was able to fix it by turning off direct draw(what is it exactly?). Now, in half life, i cant get it to go away. why does this happen all the time. Im running a radeon 8500 on a xp 1800 w/ a kr7a raid mobo. the thing is, my brother is running the same setup, just a different mobo, and he doesnt have this problem. i wasnt having this problem before, its only happened since i formatted my hard drive and reinstalled everything.

the second problem is with my brothers computer. he runs a epox 8kha+ with the same processor and video card as above. when playing motocross madness 2, and deus ex, and pretty much any other game, there is a mouse cursor in the middle of the screen, always. its not the cursor for the game(thats there too, and works normally) its just an extra cursor from the desktop, stuck in the middle of the screen. how do i get rid of this?

both of us have up to date bios, monitor, video, and every other driver(and direct x).

thanks for the help.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
try some unofficial drivers for the vid card. it sounds stupid, but try it. the other thing is if you have a downloaded copy of HL it does that sometimes even after you fix this problem.

<font color=purple><b>I have a pc with a built-in house.</b> :wink: </font color=purple>