clock only works when i open the program, needless to say i am contantly
losing weeks and months and this is affecting virus updates, etc.

paleish wrote:
> clock only works when I open the program, needless to say I am constantly
> losing weeks and months and this is affecting virus updates, etc.

How's your CMOS battery? Sounds like it needs replacing to me - since that
is what really keeps time.

Although - I guess you might need a patch from your manufacturer for Windows
XP - but as you did not provide any system specifications (including the OS
version/patch level) - that's about as far as I can take it.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP