Scanner - Dell 922 All-in-one printer/scanner RevA01 not s..

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
June 25, 2005 6:46:35 PM

Hello and thanks for stopping by...

---I'm using three hyphens as brackets in this posting, to highlight the
main points--- . Hope it helps and not annoys.

Friends of mine ---can't scan--- with their Dell 922 All-in-one.

They can print okay but not scan.

We've tried installing the ---RevA00--- software and the new ---RevA04---
software, which appears only a month or so old.

We had a ---software install error--- with A04. Runtime error with
file ---'dlbtaiox.exe'?---. My friend is elderly, so the filename may have
an '1' and not an 'L'.

The scanner would not scan with RevA00 software either and there were no
runtime errors then apparently.

I've asked them to check for a scanner lock and they say there's one where
the plug goes into the scanner and it automatically disengages. That may be
a voltage switch, for their sake I hope that they don't create another
problem there.

So we've installed two software versions to no avail.

AND

They've had ---two Dell 922 units---. Dell replaced the first unit, which
did not scan either.

Maybe if someone has that file? or knows of any XP conflicts with it/AV
software conflicts etc. That'd be great.

Thanks

Darren
June 25, 2005 6:46:36 PM

the scanner lock for this machine is under the scanner lid top left corner
as you look at it and chances are it is in the locked state if this is a 2nd
brand new machine
"Darren" <no@replypls.com> wrote in message
> Hello and thanks for stopping by...
>
> ---I'm using three hyphens as brackets in this posting, to highlight the
> main points--- . Hope it helps and not annoys.
>
> Friends of mine ---can't scan--- with their Dell 922 All-in-one.
>
> They can print okay but not scan.
>
> We've tried installing the ---RevA00--- software and the new ---RevA04---
> software, which appears only a month or so old.
>
> We had a ---software install error--- with A04. Runtime error with
> file ---'dlbtaiox.exe'?---. My friend is elderly, so the filename may
> have
> an '1' and not an 'L'.
>
> The scanner would not scan with RevA00 software either and there were no
> runtime errors then apparently.
>
> I've asked them to check for a scanner lock and they say there's one where
> the plug goes into the scanner and it automatically disengages. That may
> be
> a voltage switch, for their sake I hope that they don't create another
> problem there.
>
> So we've installed two software versions to no avail.
>
> AND
>
> They've had ---two Dell 922 units---. Dell replaced the first unit, which
> did not scan either.
>
> Maybe if someone has that file? or knows of any XP conflicts with it/AV
> software conflicts etc. That'd be great.
>
> Thanks
>
> Darren

June 25, 2005 10:42:18 PM

I've now found out that it is photocopying, so that rules out the locking
mechanism for now I think.

Darren

"Fixer" <steve.h1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:D 9j0ii$jpo$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
> the scanner lock for this machine is under the scanner lid top left corner
> as you look at it and chances are it is in the locked state if this is a
2nd
> brand new machine
> "Darren" <no@replypls.com> wrote in message
> > Hello and thanks for stopping by...
> >
> > ---I'm using three hyphens as brackets in this posting, to highlight the
> > main points--- . Hope it helps and not annoys.
> >
> > Friends of mine ---can't scan--- with their Dell 922 All-in-one.
> >
> > They can print okay but not scan.
> >
> > We've tried installing the ---RevA00--- software and the
new ---RevA04---
> > software, which appears only a month or so old.
> >
> > We had a ---software install error--- with A04. Runtime error with
> > file ---'dlbtaiox.exe'?---. My friend is elderly, so the filename may
> > have
> > an '1' and not an 'L'.
> >
> > The scanner would not scan with RevA00 software either and there were no
> > runtime errors then apparently.
> >
> > I've asked them to check for a scanner lock and they say there's one
where
> > the plug goes into the scanner and it automatically disengages. That
may
> > be
> > a voltage switch, for their sake I hope that they don't create another
> > problem there.
> >
> > So we've installed two software versions to no avail.
> >
> > AND
> >
> > They've had ---two Dell 922 units---. Dell replaced the first unit,
which
> > did not scan either.
> >
> > Maybe if someone has that file? or knows of any XP conflicts with it/AV
> > software conflicts etc. That'd be great.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Darren

Related resources
June 25, 2005 11:35:20 PM

I apologise for my bad manners not thanking you. Hope I don't get flamed
now.

Thankyou

Darren
> I've now found out that it is photocopying, so that rules out the locking
> mechanism for now I think.
>
> Darren
>

> "Fixer" <steve.h1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:D 9j0ii$jpo$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > the scanner lock for this machine is under the scanner lid top left
corner
> > as you look at it and chances are it is in the locked state if this is a
> 2nd
> > brand new machine
> > "Darren" <no@replypls.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello and thanks for stopping by...
> > >
> > > ---I'm using three hyphens as brackets in this posting, to highlight
the
> > > main points--- . Hope it helps and not annoys.
> > >
> > > Friends of mine ---can't scan--- with their Dell 922 All-in-one.
> > >
> > > They can print okay but not scan.
> > >
> > > We've tried installing the ---RevA00--- software and the
> new ---RevA04---
> > > software, which appears only a month or so old.
> > >
> > > We had a ---software install error--- with A04. Runtime error with
> > > file ---'dlbtaiox.exe'?---. My friend is elderly, so the filename may
> > > have
> > > an '1' and not an 'L'.
> > >
> > > The scanner would not scan with RevA00 software either and there were
no
> > > runtime errors then apparently.
> > >
> > > I've asked them to check for a scanner lock and they say there's one
> where
> > > the plug goes into the scanner and it automatically disengages. That
> may
> > > be
> > > a voltage switch, for their sake I hope that they don't create another
> > > problem there.
> > >
> > > So we've installed two software versions to no avail.
> > >
> > > AND
> > >
> > > They've had ---two Dell 922 units---. Dell replaced the first unit,
> which
> > > did not scan either.
> > >
> > > Maybe if someone has that file? or knows of any XP conflicts with
it/AV
> > > software conflicts etc. That'd be great.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Darren

June 25, 2005 11:35:21 PM

NP but if its photocopying then the problem must be software related and not
hardware

!