setting wireless from shared internet connection

Vijay

Hi friends,
I do have a cable internet connection from COX at my home.
And for the the cable modem that they have provided the ethernet
port is not working, thus i am using the USB to connect my desktop
I have 2 n/w cards on my desktop...is there any way i can use shared
internet connection to share that internet connection and then setup
the wireless internet connection...

thnks
vijay.

>Hi friends,
> I do have a cable internet connection from COX at my home.
> And for the the cable modem that they have provided the ethernet
>port is not working, thus i am using the USB to connect my desktop
> I have 2 n/w cards on my desktop...is there any way i can use shared
>internet connection to share that internet connection and then setup
>the wireless internet connection...
>
>thnks
>vijay.

Just plug the Ethernet from the Wireless AP to the desktop. Enter the
address of the AP in the browser to start the set up. Change the
passwords and channels, etc.. Once you've done that you can log on
from your wireless cards to make changes to the setup.
ICS is pretty hard to setup. I like "Proxy" from AnalogX. It's easy,
award winning and free. You will also need to run Zone Alarm since
Proxy leaves several ports wide open.
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/proxy.htm
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.jsp?lid=zadb_zadown

Have them replace the cable modem since USB + networking = Trouble.

manchi_vijay@hotmail.com (Vijay) wrote in

> And for the the cable modem that they have provided the ethernet
> port is not working, thus i am using the USB to connect my desktop

Get the modem replaced and use the new modem with an Ethernet cable/dsl
router.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

> ICS is pretty hard to setup. I like "Proxy" from AnalogX. It's easy,
> award winning and free. You will also need to run Zone Alarm since
> Proxy leaves several ports wide open.
> http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/proxy.htm

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.js
p?lid=zadb_zadown

I agree; Proxy is the way to go. Fast, easy and it always works. Been using
it for years. Now Proxy can be made to run in a closed state. In your
config., just enter in the ip address of the machine its' running on. But
run the firewall anyway.

Have fun!