Custom Build:
Intel Core i7 - 860 Lynnfield Processor @ 2.8GHz
Asus P7P55 WS SuperComputer ATX Motherboard
EVGA 9800 GTX+ Graphics Card
G.SKILL RipJaw 4GB Triple Channel DDR3 1600 RAM
Corsair 850W Power Supply
Cooler Master HAF 932 Steel ATX Full Tower Case

1 x 596GB, 1 x 232GB, 1 x 149GB Hard Drives

Right now I'm using 235GB's of my 640GB hard drive. The other two hard drives are formatted and empty.

This might sound complicated but I need some advice. To be honest, I'm not sure what I want exactly. I'd like for my documents, pictures, music, videos etc to be stored on a separate hard drive but still be able to access them by clicking "Pictures" etc from the start menu. (I have Windows 7 64-bit)

Also, I am planning on formatting my main hard drive and reinstalling everything fresh. (Which I like to do about twice a year.)

I guess what I'm wondering is if I can set up my hard drives in some kind of RAID form. Would I even benefit in any way from that for my case?

If not, what I think I want to do is have all my documents, pictures, videos, music folders on a separate hard drive. This would probably be on the 232GB hard drive? And then I would like to reinstall windows on my main 640GB hard drive and have all my programs, games, etc installed. Once everything is installed and how I like it I will then use Acronis to duplicate everything on the 640GB to the 150GB hard drive as a backup so I dont have to reinstall everything every time I do this.

(I also have a WD 1TB external hard drive that I connect via eSata to aid me in file transfers and backups)

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I especially need to find out how to make the default location for pictures and files, etc on another hard drive. Would this mean having to manually save things to my other hard drive? I don't even want document, music, picture, video folders on my 640GB hard drive. I want them on the separate hard drive.

The Windows 7 libraries feature will allow you to do just that. By adding a folder to your Pictures library, it will always be accessible from there, even if it is stored on a different hard drive. This can even works across multiple computers.