GeForce 2 MX 400 tv out problems

G

I am trying to output to my TV, and everything works fine except once problem; there is no color. Everything is in black and white. I am using the same things that I did for my Voodoo 3 3000. The only difference is that now I am running XP instead of win2k. However, I do not think it is the OS because its not just no color in the OS (which would mean driver), but its no color at all, even when the TV is the promary output. I know its not the TV because I have tested it with 3 different TVs (one that has composite in).

I am very mad because I have been trying this a few days now. Anyway... here is my card and how its connected.

Visontek Xtasy 5564 64MB GeForce2 MX 400

The output is via s-video that is converted to composite while that is inputed into a VCR line-in.

Any help would be nice :)

G

I checked the PAL/NTSC, and its set to the right one (US - NTSC). Now as for the signal... what would you suggest? (please keep in mind thought that using the same thing other than the graphics card, color worked fine on my Voodoo 3).

As for frequency... Im not quite sure... however.. if I plug it into my RF-adapter instead of the VCR, I still get B&W but it only works in 75 Ohms and not on the other setting which is 1000. Also, when I converted it straight from S-video to composite and pluged it directly into a TV that had composite, it still showed B&W.

Do you think it is faulty? or is there something else I might try?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Is it set for output through a S-Video connector? My last MX had an optional position for an RCA-Coposite output, that was unused. But the software didn't know that and still gave me the option Composite/S-Video for connectors. Since your using the S-Video output, you need to have it set that way, even though it's adapter downline to an RCA cable.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

Yes, there is a setting for composite, s-video, and auto select. None of these help. The thing that still gets me is that its B&W on boot up and not just in windows. I dunno this has been stumping me for a while now.

G

If you remember.. pllleeaassee tell me ;-) I've been working on this since Christmas haha, and I kinda want to get it fixed and it seems I'm running out of options :p

(BTW, thanks for all the help man, you are the only one that has even attempted to help me)

G

well... after waiting an hour for the Visiontek people to answer, I got my answer. The card I got will not allow conversion from s-video to composite. What a piece of crap. So like a good disgruntled customer, I told them what I thought of them and took it back to get a Radeon 7500.