New I'm a PC Ad: Windows 7 Was Your Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
As a huge proponent of FOSS who rages on both OSX and Windows from time to time, I gotta say I really like the commercials recently released by both companies. Simple, funny, and to the point.

G

If Windows 7 was really my idea, then where's the up-one-level button?! Also, where's the open source code and/or my payment for helping? :p

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Hey, no anti-Mac propaganda, just the facts... I like it a lot.

Maybe the I'm a Mac crowd can learn a thing or two about how to make commercials...

G

@amdgamer666:
That's what they get for half-listening to the commercial. The girl is clearly saying 'frickin'.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]nothingwronghere[/nom]@amdgamer666:That's what they get for half-listening to the commercial. The girl is clearly saying 'frickin'.[/citation]

Just makes it more natural...like what, you never said that in your life?

archigos

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Meh, not that great of an ad. Wasn't a big fan of the new Apple one though. If I had to choose which one I enjoyed more, I'd pick this one.

archigos

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
One more thing, you look silly if you say you're not anti-Microsoft or anti-Mac and then make a statement to the contrary.

mustwarnothers

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
[citation][nom]archigos[/nom]One more thing, you look silly if you say you're not anti-Microsoft or anti-Mac and then make a statement to the contrary.[/citation]

Why would it make one look silly? Most people who preface their comments with "I'm not anti-mac or MS" are simply trying not to trigger the defense mechanism of a bunch of frothy mouthed fan boys.

I think it makes sense to use that if you're attempting to make your comment as objective as possible.

foody

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
I preferred the commercial of the man showing his home setup and how he could stream his movies and music to several different systems in his house. It's nice that an OS commercial actually talks about features for once.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
[citation][nom]doc70[/nom]Hey, no anti-Mac propaganda, just the facts... I like it a lot.Maybe the I'm a Mac crowd can learn a thing or two about how to make commercials...[/citation]

didn't see any facts myself, but I like the upbeat approach and general message.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
If Windows 7 was made for me, then where's my free upgrade? I didn't want a new OS. I wanted Vista improved into the OS Windows 7 claims to be.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]If Windows 7 was made for me, then where's my free upgrade? I didn't want a new OS. I wanted Vista improved into the OS Windows 7 claims to be.[/citation]
and i bet you work at your job for free no ?

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
"Hey, no anti-Mac propaganda, just the facts... I like it a lot.

Maybe the I'm a Mac crowd can learn a thing or two about how to make commercials..."

Well said. Microsoft has smarter ads with actual people... Apple has ad's that try to make fun of microsoft and play on mis-information and peoples lack of understanding.

I really can't stand the mac ad's.

Status
Not open for further replies.