"Gigabyte slaps Nvidia in graphics face "

nexus_alpha

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/03010208.htm" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/03010208.htm</A> This one is interesting there is hope for competition after all.

nexus_alpha

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2001
Wow flamethrower has just a great unbiased memory and the language whats up with that, the table here (lower half of thepage) might jog your memory <A HREF="http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Article.asp?IR=N&ClassID=100&datePublish=2002/01/03&pages=13&seq=87" target="_new">http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Article.asp?IR=N&ClassID=100&datePublish=2002/01/03&pages=13&seq=87</A> and the news is doin ATI stock wonders stock ticker ATYT its revenue is expected to rocket not to mention help from gamecube sells (which by the way is outselling the x-box). Maybe gigabyte is not the biggest but the are significantly large.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
First off, XBOX is rather expensive, so I'm sure most people can't spend $500 on someting that'll be outdated in time. Gamecube is cheap and portable, and that's why people buy it. Graphics on gamecube are better, simply b/c it's got more powerful technology. As for my language...think about it, what's a curse- a stronger means of expressing oneself. Therefore, imo, it's ok.

My rice car will leave your R8500 in the dust!

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Are you sure the gamecube is outselling the xbox. I heard that xbox components are getting much better yeilds than expected and is in full on production. They even have a firm release date of March 14th for European sales with about 1.5 to 2 million units in preperation for the first three months. Nintendo are saying Gamecubes will be available sometime in May/June.

<font color=red><i>99% of statistics are made up!</i></font color=red>

oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
X-Box sold around 1,000,000 consoles so far.....Gamecube around 600,000.
I heard that just yesterday on Gamenetwork TV....

eden

Champion
Kinda surprising considering most internet polls had GC on top!
Looks like the gamers got fooled by their own choices...
All consoles are awesome but Xbox has the best value for the money. I calculated how much alone the features added compared to GC (nothing added) and it was worth 250$ CDN so an Xbox shoulda cost like 700$US or so! But it is 299, and that is one sweet price compared to same PS2 price with nothing including 2 controller ports only.

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

fireflayer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2001
Just thought I'd throw in what I heard from my uncle who works at Microsoft.
They are selling the xbox at below cost, and making their money on the games, so that's why they're such a deal.

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
First of all Gigabyte motherboards are great boards, I've used many of them. Do you have dual bios (i'll answer, no). If i get a bios virus or the power goes out while updating my bios, the backup takes over, for you asus, abit and all other punks you have a useless motherboard.
fyi i've used almost all brands and have respect for most for different reasons.

and this is not limited to gigabyte either, HERCULES has defected to the darkside of ati.
now diss on hercules and look like the fool to the entire community. let alone gigabyte.

most people who know what they are talking about are saying that the time might be up for nv's ten minutes of popularity.

i'm ready for more products like the 8500 myself being an unbiased consumer from ati.

those of us who could care less who's on top should torture you fanboys by constantly reminding you as your beloved graphics company goes down in flames over time.

THE BEGINNING OF THE END IS HERE FOR NVIDIA (and their useless fixed function TnL), GO ATI!!!!!
to bad their cards were never as good as 3dfx's.
hehe that'll keep fanboys hoppin.

"dude your getting a dell", is that kid trying to say he wants to stick his 'dell' in you?