Hello;

I have a strange problem with Windows XP Pro, my PC will shutdown but the
restart will not work, selecting Restart just carries out a normal Shutdown.
I have scoured Google fr info but cannot find this specific fault.

May have occured after i install SP2, but not sure.

Many Thanks

Bill H

Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site:

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

"Bill H" <billharvs@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hello;
>
> I have a strange problem with Windows XP Pro, my PC will shutdown but the
> restart will not work, selecting Restart just carries out a normal
> Shutdown. I have scoured Google fr info but cannot find this specific
> fault.
>
> May have occured after i install SP2, but not sure.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Bill H

Tried it but can`t find anything about where a PC will not carry out a
restart when Restart is selected, my PC just Shutsdown??