Hardware prob w/ graphic card

O.k...I'm a big idiot...I just thought I'd announce that up front. Well, I was being a bit careless and broke off a bit of my video card. It's a little grey metallic tubular piece (sorry, I don't know what it's called...like I said, I'm an idiot) with some black writing on top (either A9 0 NO or ON 0 V6 depending on which way you look at it). If I hold the card fan-side-up with the monitor output at the bottom right the piece SHOULD be on the top right (unfortunately it's on my desk). Now, my card works without it but I'm guessing since it came on the card it would be best if it was still there. Now, I'd just like to know what's it do and how do I get it back on (is there some soldering in my future?) Thanks.
Steve (the idiot)

Oh yeah, it's manufactured by PNY
1 answer Last reply
More about hardware prob graphic card
  1. Think that part helps regulating the power on your board, so better try to solder of back one it. But if everything runs stable and it's to difficult to solder it back then leave it off and hope it wont cause any errors.

    My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Hardware Graphics