RPG's/roguelikes (Nethack-like) with "futuristic"/science-..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Hello!

Does someone here knows any freeware RPG or roguelike (like Nethack,
ADOM, Angband) games with a "future" or science-fiction theme?

I remember seeing a Nethack-ish game where you were in the future, after
a nuclear war (?). But I just can't remember the name.

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Canoas, Brazil - 29.55° S / 51.11° W

"Now: the 2-bit processor, with instructions:
1. NOP - does nothing, increase PC.
2. HLT - does nothing, doesn't increase PC
3. MMX - enter Pentium(r) emulation mode; increase PC
4. LCK - before MMX: NOP ; after MMX: executes F0 0F C7 C8 "

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Chaos Master <e-mail@is.INVALID> wrote in

> Does someone here knows any freeware RPG or roguelike (like
> Nethack, ADOM, Angband) games with a "future" or science-fiction
> theme?
>
> I remember seeing a Nethack-ish game where you were in the future,
> after a nuclear war (?). But I just can't remember the name.

You might have a look at <http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=roguelike>.
A couple of the hits there look suitable. At the bottom of the
page there are some links to FAQs, reviews, and other stuff that
might be useful, too.

--
»Q«

Chaos Master wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Does someone here knows any freeware RPG or roguelike (like Nethack,
> ADOM, Angband) games with a "future" or science-fiction theme?
>
> I remember seeing a Nethack-ish game where you were in the future, after
> a nuclear war (?). But I just can't remember the name.
>
> []s

that one sounds like alphaman to me, a simple, obscure little game but
still fun at times ;)

there is allso one other that comes to mind, set in a battletech kinda
world (big robots to pilot and so on). name of it is gearhead...

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Chaos Master <e-mail@is.INVALID> wrote:
>Hello!
>
>Does someone here knows any freeware RPG or roguelike (like Nethack,
>ADOM, Angband) games with a "future" or science-fiction theme?
>
>I remember seeing a Nethack-ish game where you were in the future, after
>a nuclear war (?). But I just can't remember the name.

That's Alphaman.
GearHead is a futuristic roguelike with mechs. It's quite different.