Closed

Linksys WMP11 v2.7 and Windows XP Pro

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
June 1, 2004 8:16:12 PM

I'm having trouble installing the Linksys wireless WMP11 card (v2.7)
on my Win XP Pro PC. I'm facing two difficulties:

1. The install was under Admin; if I boot the PC and then log on as a
regular user, I will not be able to connect at all.

2. After I boot the PC and enter an Admin account, I have to wait over
three minutes to get the wireless network connection icon in the tray
to appear, which mean that I can to wait these three minutes before I
can try to connect.

Help!

Gadi
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 4, 2010 5:27:08 PM

When I used the same card i got the same problem, I think its a 16 to 64 or 128 bit translation delay.... the solution a new linksys thats based on the higher pci bit tech........... I have burned out my k7 I believe with 16bit cards instead..... good luck.....
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 5, 2010 8:39:40 AM

There's little point in answering posts from the ancient, dim, distant past.