Your question

Video card w/ AV inputs?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Computer
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 4, 2002 11:30:58 PM

I'm looking for a video card with standard AV inputs, mainly so that I can hook up my Playstation/Dreamcast to my computer and play the games on my computer monitor. I don't have room for a TV at school, and my computer is the center of all entertainment. It also needs to have decent performance for games as well as DVD playback. Is this even possible, or is there a better way to go about doing it? Any help would be appreciated!

More about : video card inputs

January 5, 2002 1:22:43 PM

The sound will have to go through you're sound card, but the Radeon 64mb ddr ViVo will meet all of the requriments you asked for. It's DVD playback is second to none and Video-In on mine works great.

Tom's Hardware Tested... Buyer Approved!!
January 5, 2002 1:49:52 PM

Any of the AIW cards will do for you as well. The AIW Radeon plays games fairly well but if you want to have something with more power, as well as firewire ports and a remote, the 8500 Radeon AIW will also do well. It does cast twice as much so if you want to spend in the neighborhood of $150-200, buy the AIW Radeon; if you want to spend $330, buy the 8500 Radeon AIW.

If it works for you then don't fix it.
Related resources
January 5, 2002 3:04:54 PM

"The sound will have to go through you're sound card, but the Radeon 64mb ddr ViVo will meet all of the requriments you asked for. It's DVD playback is second to none and Video-In on mine works great. "

From the vivo prices ive seen, the main poster may want to consider something else lol
January 6, 2002 7:10:20 AM

Thanks for the advice! I went ahead and bought an AIW Radeon, but I'm unsure as to how to make the Playstation/Dreamcast games actually display on the computer. Do I just plug in the AV inputs from the Playstation, hit the Playstation power button and it shows up on the monitor, or do I have to run some sort of software for it to know to display the video coming from the AV input? The manual hasn't been of much use for this. Thanks again for your help!
!