o0oSPuNKiEo0o

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2001
I was talking to some guy on IRC today, so this could be hearsay, but he said that his uncle works for Nvidia. So he's getting a geforce4 once it comes out. And according to his uncle it's coming out in mid march? Ne1 else heard anything about this at all?? I hope so!! This way my graphics card is going to break and my warranty with CompUSA is going to kick in!! Yeah!!

=D

Let me know what you think people of
TomsHardunderWare!! ( hehehe)

SPuNKiE

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
according to <A HREF="http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/story.html?id=1010204720" target="_new">xbit labs</A>, the gefore4 is being annouced in feb and i think its going to be released in feb as well.

:mad: <A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2096468" target="_new">P4 + SDRAM</A> = <b>BAD</b> :mad:

somerandomguy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
Anounced Feb 5, as for the release? Who knows.
The rumored specs are:

Rumoured 6 Pixel pipelines
Core freq: 300 MHz.
Memory: 660 MHz. (eff) ~ 10.5 GB/sec BW, assuming they stay with 128-bit data paths.
Supports TwinView
Supports (finally) Hardware iDCT
More powerful T&L unit, to include a second Vertex Shader
Can't find the link, but there's a rumour stating that we can expect Voodoo5 5500-esque Anti-Aliasing feature. The presumption is that the NV25 will bring a Rotated-Grid AA implementation to the table.
.13u Manufacturing process

These specs could very well all be false, but these things tend to get more accurate as you get close to the release date.

"Ignorance is bliss, but I tend to get screwed over."

nexus_alpha

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2001
A quote from Reactor Critical

Some of NVidia officials indicated that the new family of graphics processors called the GeForce4 will be announced on the 5th of February. The announced had been postponed a number of times before, however, this time it is claimed the GPUs code-named NV17 and NV25 will be announced as well as the actual product details in the beginning of the next month.

Please note that announcement of two chips at the same time does not necessarily mean the videoadapters based on them will appear on the market at the same time, it also does not mean that they will appear shortly. The most important thing is that unofficial official claiming does not mean the announcement is going to take place.

Feb 5th interesting date note well people.

nexus_alpha

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2001
A quote from Reactor Critical

Some of NVidia officials indicated that the new family of graphics processors called the GeForce4 will be announced on the 5th of February. The announced had been postponed a number of times before, however, this time it is claimed the GPUs code-named NV17 and NV25 will be announced as well as the actual product details in the beginning of the next month.

Please note that announcement of two chips at the same time does not necessarily mean the videoadapters based on them will appear on the market at the same time, it also does not mean that they will appear shortly. The most important thing is that unofficial official claiming does not mean the announcement is going to take place.

Feb 5th interesting date note well people.