No monitor display

G

Need some advice about a spare computer that has been unused for a few months, but was working fine last time it was on. Intel board, AL440LX with PII/333, with a known good AGP card, (checked it in another computer,not sure what brand, but has PROLINK on a chip on the card). The monitor is also a known good one. This happened once before about 6 months ago, but at that time, I got a beep which stood for a video problem. I reseated the card and all was well. This time, there are no beeps at all. The cpu fan is working and the HD spins up and seems to have initial activity for about 7 or 8 seconds. It was suggested that sometimes the agp slots go bad so I tried 2 different PCI cards, and still get no display or even a flicker on the orange led on the monitor. Any suggestions? Is it necessarily a bad mobo? Would a dead battery cause this problem? thx for any ideas.

G

thanks for the replies, (although I did say that it was a working monitor). Since there was no POST beep, someone suspected the processor and suggested reseating it. Well that apparently was the problem, reseattng the processor fixed everything. I now get the POST single beep. Must have been a few microns of corrosion on one of the contacts that caused a higher resistance than normal. I should have tried that before I posted, hope this helps someone else too.