ahmedazab27

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2003
Here is the problem : I upgraded my computer to an xp because i had spyware and adware stuf on my 2000 so after upgrading i figured out that the problems were there. So i decided to install xp all over and i did but after that, everytime i start the computer it gives me an option between my new xp and the upgraded one. And that is really slowing my computer down but ofcourse i pick the new one. Does anyone know how they can help me take the ond xp off my harddrive but before i do that i would also like for someone to help me get the video card and the sound card stuff from the old xp , because here it what it tells me at the device manager with the exlamation marks next to them.
1. Sm Bus
2. Sound Manager or controller
3. Video card ( vga compatible)
and i can't store these things back so can some one please help me get them from the windows xp before i take it off because my video and soundcard are built in an MSI moherboard but i can't get any drivers from there.
THANK YOU.......

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Insert a bootdisk

fdisk /mbr
fdisk
format c:

Boot from the winXP cd and do it all again.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.