What's this warning all about

Several times of late when editing my video I get a blue screen & a
waring that windows is shutting down my PC, to avoid damage. Whats'
this all about & can this condition really damage your machine?

Thanks in advance

Wow! I thought the blue screen of death was long gone! Sorry I can't help you
though.

"the Old Fart" <nothere@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Several times of late when editing my video I get a blue screen & a waring
> that windows is shutting down my PC, to avoid damage. Whats' this all
> about & can this condition really damage your machine?
>
> Thanks in advance

Sounds like a heat issue; when editing video, the processor gets too hot
and thus it's thermal protection shuts it down. Sounds like you have a P4.
Should have bought an AMD.

Bobby

In article <uLx8B0GrFHA.1788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
nothere@optusnet.com.au says...
> Several times of late when editing my video I get a blue screen & a
> waring that windows is shutting down my PC, to avoid damage. Whats'
> this all about & can this condition really damage your machine?

Could be heat related or bad memory.

In many cases, using a video editing solution requires lots of Video
processor power which generates more heat than using MS Word. There is
also the constant use of the hard-drives, so more heat, more power....

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

the Old Fart <nothere@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>Several times of late when editing my video I get a blue screen & a
>waring that windows is shutting down my PC, to avoid damage. Whats'
>this all about & can this condition really damage your machine?
>
>Thanks in advance

Is there any other information on the blue screen, such as a STOP or
bugcheck code? Or any other indication of what the problem might be
about?

There are a vast number of different reasons why a blue screen error
message might appear, and without the detailed specifics from your
actual error it is difficult to speculate as to the underlying cause.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> "the Old Fart" <nothere@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > Several times of late when editing my video I get a blue
> screen & a waring
> > that windows is shutting down my PC, to avoid damage.
> Whats' this all
> > about & can this condition really damage your machine?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
> Sounds like a heat issue; when editing video, the processor
> gets too hot
> and thus it's thermal protection shuts it down. Sounds like
> you have a P4.
> Should have bought an AMD.
>

> Bobby

Although posably a heat problem, you shouldnt cut out the posability
that due to poor programing windows just crashes with a BSOD (Blue
Screen of Death)

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-warning-ftopict414743.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1381808