"connection refused" or "unable to connect to" alerts

August 29, 2005 4:52:04 AM

Hi, please can someone help me cos I feel there is a really simple answer to
this one but I am quite a new computer user and don't know what to do?!! This
is a recent problem, first noticed on using ebay, when I clicked on to "All
items ending now" and got an alert message saying "unable to connect to
altfarm.mediaplex.com".
This is now happening on loads of things but not all????

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Philippa
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 11:56:28 AM

Clear the IE cache. (IE, tools, Options, Delete Files button, include offline content.)

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"phantastic" <phantastic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AF68847-2944-431C-B134-3C082BEF63B5@microsoft.com...
> Hi, please can someone help me cos I feel there is a really simple answer to
> this one but I am quite a new computer user and don't know what to do?!! This
> is a recent problem, first noticed on using ebay, when I clicked on to "All
> items ending now" and got an alert message saying "unable to connect to
> altfarm.mediaplex.com".
> This is now happening on loads of things but not all????
>
> HELP PLEASE!!!!
>
> Philippa
August 30, 2005 1:56:10 PM

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Clear the IE cache. (IE, tools, Options, Delete Files button, include offline content.)
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "phantastic" <phantastic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AF68847-2944-431C-B134-3C082BEF63B5@microsoft.com...
> > Hi, please can someone help me cos I feel there is a really simple answer to
> > this one but I am quite a new computer user and don't know what to do?!! This
> > is a recent problem, first noticed on using ebay, when I clicked on to "All
> > items ending now" and got an alert message saying "unable to connect to
> > altfarm.mediaplex.com".
> > This is now happening on loads of things but not all????
> >
> > HELP PLEASE!!!!
> >
> > Philippa
>

> Thank you so much for answering but I am afraid that didn't work??? Any other ideas please?!!
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 8:48:04 PM

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW
If no help, try a Repair, or 'upgrade'' setup
If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--
Mark L. Ferguson