Sign in with
Your question

Annoying pop up

Last response: in Mac Os X
August 1, 2011 4:07:37 AM

i own a 2010 mac book pro and recently got infected with a mac virus. did a scan mcafee and removed it and recommended a reboot to completely uninstall it. as soon as i logged on i checked to see the if it was successfully removed but it won't open. now whenever i go on the inter net a pop-up related to mcafee says that 1 have 15 trojan droppers and a root kit. i tried to find the mcafee uninstall so it wouldn't continuously pop up. but can't find it i also tried terminal too. so if anyone could please help that would be nice.

More about : annoying pop

August 1, 2011 4:25:59 PM

You want to disable your virus protection so it'll stop telling you about the viruses you have? I think you're going about this the wrong way. Worry about getting rid of those trojan things.
m
l
August 1, 2011 6:00:10 PM

What version OSX? and what Viruses/Trojans/RootKits are being identified?

Unless you have a very old copy of OSX, there aren't any active viruses or RootKits; Trojans do exist but would require Administrator access to install.
m
l
Related resources
August 1, 2011 6:18:11 PM

So you want to unistall your anti-virus so it'll stop telling you your infected? LOOOL

That's like removing the brakes on your car because they won't stop squeaking.
m
l
August 1, 2011 9:25:46 PM

the thing is its not letting me remove the trojan
m
l
August 2, 2011 3:28:48 AM

dan macduff said:
the thing is its not letting me remove the trojan
Bring it into an Apple retailer and they will help you.I use Clam Xva for over a year and never it detected a virus or a trojan.
m
l
August 5, 2011 6:00:50 AM

How did Mcafee identify your trojan? What's it called?
m
l
August 6, 2011 3:04:39 AM

He does not know the name of the trojan.
m
l
!