Linus Torvalds Gives Windows 7 a Thumbs Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxBabaX

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
In actuality, Torvalds was attending the Japan Linux Symposium. The picture was taken as some sort of gag, as Torvalds did not purchase a copy from that stall.

In actuality, he was giving a thumbs up to Windows 7 :D. haha

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
A good product is a good product proven to be good by many.
Even if President Obama were giving a thumbs down on Win7, it's still a good product.

G

OMG!
Either Hell must have frozen over or someone set him up! :O

G

now of course there will be a new mac ad targeting linux now.

tanderskey

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
that Linus is really too nice a guy, if he was trying to communicate that MS was doing a good job with Win7.

what he probably meant was, Its nearly as good as the OS i wrote in my college dorm a decade or so ago.

G

He's smiling, and giving the thumbs up to indicate Windows 7 will indeed be Vista + Window Blinds and DesktopX.... :-D

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
he is a legend who fought until others acknowledged open-source.
I never thought he would ever associate himself with anything that is NOT open source.

makes me believe there maybe a gun pointed at him...

Mysteic

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
You can like a product and hate the principles it represents....you just can't use it.

I like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, but I will not be buying it. So I can give the console version a Thumbs up and the PC version a thumbs up its A$$.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Linux and Windows both have their ups and down. It's just like comparing OS X to Windows. Neither is better or worse.

Maybe Apple could learn something from Linus?

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
That store is somewhat full of windblow$ retail copies and utterly empty of buyers... Maybe the crowd of eager m$ lu$ers is just waiting in front of the $hop. Or not?
Another resounding microsuxx $ucce$$ story... for delusional wintarded m$ fankiddies.
[citation][nom]bk420[/nom]Looks like he's happy to see another failure[/citation]
Right... Way to go m$!

CoderDunn

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
That store is somewhat full of windblow$ retail copies and utterly empty of buyers... Maybe the crowd of eager m$ lu$ers is just waiting in front of the $hop. Or not?

Yeah sure, because when ever you take a picture in a public place, everyone around jumps in front of the camera man.

/sarcasm

G

That's the special event space in front of yodobashi camera Akiba, right next to the big LED screen. Which, I'll point out, does NOT run linux ^^!

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]njalterio[/nom]....but did he purchase a Windows 7 Whopper? Judging by his grin I bet he did![/citation]
I'm sure even Jobs would buy the Windows 7 hopper (and then go back to a hospital again for a heart attack).

Is that a beer in his hand? Alcohol can make us do some mighty stupid things. =D

Maybe he just acknowledged all the work Microsoft has done to fix their previous mistakes, open source or not, it still benefits the masses.
Or he had a gun pointed at him and was drinking to make it easier to forget...

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]7amood[/nom]he is a legend who fought until others acknowledged open-source.I never thought he would ever associate himself with anything that is NOT open source.makes me believe there maybe a gun pointed at him...[/citation]
If you check the original article you'll see that the whole thing was a bit of a joke.

FoShizzleDizzle

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I like the overkill with a yellow bar attached to a cone, I'm sure it was useful when they had to barricade the flood of buyers that amounted to precisely 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.