ATI 8500 and Windows XP/AMD

G

So I'm about to buy a new computer and I'm trying to decide on a graphics card. I'd love to go with the 8500 (I could save some money!), but I'm hesitant because after reading reviews. I've heard that it has problems with WindowsXP and AMD chips. Have the new drivers resolved these issues?

"To thine own self be true"

G

I'm not so sure about that. I just built a new system, with a Dragon+ MB,AMD XP 1800, 512 RAM, & ATI 8500 All in Wonder. I'm running windows XP & I keep having conflicts with various programs & the overall system seams slow. I don't know where the problem is, but I'm going to try to get a Dragon Ultra & P4, but it might be to late to do that. I do know that I'm not very happy with what I have.

This was the first time I built a system, so it very well could be operator error, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I couldn't come up with anything funny 8(

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
There are many thing that could be slowing down your system and making it unstable. RAM and the PSU are always the #1 suspects.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor