Missing Boot Record in winxp

Hey Guys

I had Win 98 and Win Xp on two partitions ....
I have Removed the Win 98 partition ...
Now now my system is not able to boot in Win xp

I am Getting Message as

"Search IDE0 for Boot record .....
Search Complete....
Press any key to continue...."
After this i am seeing only black screen

Please send me a Detailed solution to this problem ..Links from
support(microsoft) websites are most welcome

Thanx All

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:Oa9AnvIrFHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
azhar_attari <niet_student@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> Hey Guys
>
> I had Win 98 and Win Xp on two partitions ....
> I have Removed the Win 98 partition ...
> Now now my system is not able to boot in Win xp
>
> I am Getting Message as
>
> "Search IDE0 for Boot record .....
> Search Complete....
> Press any key to continue...."
> After this i am seeing only black screen
>
> Please send me a Detailed solution to this problem ..Links from
> support(microsoft) websites are most welcome
>
> Thanx All

From my clipboard, source forgotten...

Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD.
At the first R=Repair option, press the R key
Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the
installation of Windows you want to repair.
Typically this will be #1
Type bootcfg /list to show the current entries in the BOOT.INI file
Type bootcfg /rebuild to repair it
Take out the CD ROM and type exit

You will want the /rebuild command.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Hey Guys
>
> I had Win 98 and Win Xp on two partitions ....
> I have Removed the Win 98 partition ...
> Now now my system is not able to boot in Win xp
>
> I am Getting Message as
>
> "Search IDE0 for Boot record .....
> Search Complete....
> Press any key to continue...."
> After this i am seeing only black screen
>
> Please send me a Detailed solution to this problem ..Links
> from
> support(microsoft) websites are most welcome
>
> Thanx All

sounds like you broke the MBR, your only hope if to use recovary
console to fix the MBR, if that dose not work then you will have to do
repair install of windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prkd_tro_ldau.asp

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Missing-Boot-Record-winxp-ftopict414781.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1381935