This is not a working number - Nextel

Last response: in Network Providers
November 11, 2004 2:24:55 AM

Has anyone experienced this message when others attempt to call you?

More about : working number nextel

Anonymous
November 11, 2004 5:13:44 AM

In message <brxkd.597863$8_6.385838@attbi_s04> "Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R"
<js1906@comcast.net> wrote:

>Has anyone experienced this message when others attempt to call you?

Forget to pay your bill?

I called 2-3 Nextel subscribers today, no problems. Not a large sample,
I realize.

--
When you're arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.
Anonymous

bill is paid on time all the time. I get calls throughout the day, but call
from certain numbers outside of my area code get this message. I called
Nextel about it last night and they are looking into what could be going on

"DevilsPGD" <devilspgd@crazyhat.net> wrote in message
> In message <brxkd.597863$8_6.385838@attbi_s04> "Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R"
> <js1906@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Has anyone experienced this message when others attempt to call you?
>
> Forget to pay your bill?
>
> I called 2-3 Nextel subscribers today, no problems. Not a large sample,
> I realize.
>

> --
> When you're arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.
November 12, 2004 6:17:58 PM

Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R <js1906@comcast.net> wrote:
> Has anyone experienced this message when others attempt to call you?

I was told mine did the same thing on the 10th when someone tried to call
me.
I called it from a landline and it was fine but I believe them because you
posted the same.
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 5:51:23 AM

Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R wrote:
> *Has anyone experienced this message when others attempt to call you?
> *
I have got it on more then one occasion, I could not send phone calls
at that time either (friend was with me and he used his nextel to call
mine and got that msg while he was standing right next to me)

--
deepeyes1
http://cellphoneforums.net

I got a call from a Nextel rep today. They are working on the problem. It
appears that when i ported my number from AT&T / Cingular, the number is
still being called out in their system as a non-working number.

"deepeyes1" <deepeyes1.1fnjf6@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message
news:D eepeyes1.1fnjf6@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

> Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R wrote:
>> *Has anyone experienced this message when others attempt to call you?
>> *
> I have got it on more then one occasion, I could not send phone calls
> at that time either (friend was with me and he used his nextel to call
> mine and got that msg while he was standing right next to me)
>

> --
> deepeyes1
> http://cellphoneforums.net

November 19, 2004 1:35:22 AM

My hat is off to Nextel. I made one call to them about this problem, and
they worked on it until the problem was resolved. The guy called daily to
keep me posted on what was going on. The problem was with the long distance
carrier not routing the calls to Nextel
So far, all is good! This is the first time in 10 years of cell phone usage
that I didnt have to beat someone (Customer Service) over the head to get
things DONE

!