This is not a working number - Nextel

Has anyone experienced this message when others attempt to call you?
6 answers Last reply
More about this working number nextel
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    In message <brxkd.597863$8_6.385838@attbi_s04> "Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R"
    <js1906@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Has anyone experienced this message when others attempt to call you?

    Forget to pay your bill?

    I called 2-3 Nextel subscribers today, no problems. Not a large sample,
    I realize.

    --
    When you're arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    bill is paid on time all the time. I get calls throughout the day, but call
    from certain numbers outside of my area code get this message. I called
    Nextel about it last night and they are looking into what could be going on

    "DevilsPGD" <devilspgd@crazyhat.net> wrote in message
    > In message <brxkd.597863$8_6.385838@attbi_s04> "Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R"
    > <js1906@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone experienced this message when others attempt to call you?
    >
    > Forget to pay your bill?
    >
    > I called 2-3 Nextel subscribers today, no problems. Not a large sample,
    > I realize.
    >

    > --
    > When you're arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R <js1906@comcast.net> wrote:
    > Has anyone experienced this message when others attempt to call you?

    I was told mine did the same thing on the 10th when someone tried to call
    me.
    I called it from a landline and it was fine but I believe them because you
    posted the same.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R wrote:
    > *Has anyone experienced this message when others attempt to call you?
    > *
    I have got it on more then one occasion, I could not send phone calls
    at that time either (friend was with me and he used his nextel to call
    mine and got that msg while he was standing right next to me)

    --
    deepeyes1
    http://cellphoneforums.net

    I got a call from a Nextel rep today. They are working on the problem. It
    appears that when i ported my number from AT&T / Cingular, the number is
    still being called out in their system as a non-working number.

    "deepeyes1" <deepeyes1.1fnjf6@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R wrote:
    >> *Has anyone experienced this message when others attempt to call you?
    >> *
    > I have got it on more then one occasion, I could not send phone calls
    > at that time either (friend was with me and he used his nextel to call
    > mine and got that msg while he was standing right next to me)
    >

    > --
    > deepeyes1
    > http://cellphoneforums.net

  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    My hat is off to Nextel. I made one call to them about this problem, and
    they worked on it until the problem was resolved. The guy called daily to
    keep me posted on what was going on. The problem was with the long distance
    carrier not routing the calls to Nextel
    So far, all is good! This is the first time in 10 years of cell phone usage
    that I didnt have to beat someone (Customer Service) over the head to get
    things DONE

    "Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R" <js1906@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I got a call from a Nextel rep today. They are working on the problem. It
    >appears that when i ported my number from AT&T / Cingular, the number is
    >still being called out in their system as a non-working number.
    >

    > "deepeyes1" <deepeyes1.1fnjf6@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R wrote:
    >>> *Has anyone experienced this message when others attempt to call you?
    >>> *
    >> I have got it on more then one occasion, I could not send phone calls
    >> at that time either (friend was with me and he used his nextel to call
    >> mine and got that msg while he was standing right next to me)
    >>

    >> --
    >> deepeyes1
    >> http://cellphoneforums.net
    >> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t157282.html