Connecting wireless networks

What is the best way to connect a couple of networks (each consisting of a
router /switch with a WAP attached to the switch)

How far apart could these networks be?

I have seen talk of WiFi repeaters and bridges, and seen figures of 20plus
kilometres with directional external antennae ...

Will this work?

John

"John Beeston" <john.Beeston@talk21.com> wrote in

> What is the best way to connect a couple of networks (each consisting
> of a router /switch with a WAP attached to the switch)

Best is to find a router/AP which supports WDS - wireless distribution
system.

The range depends primarily on the topography of your area, the
interference present, and the type of atenna used. If you buy a decent
atenna, you can get amazing ranges.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)