What phones will take my SIM?

Last response: in Network Providers
November 11, 2004 3:13:11 PM

Hello,

I dropped my i60c and broke the hinge, but the unit still works. I want to
buy another phone without getting gouged by Nextel but I don't know which
models will take my SIM card. it there a compatibility database somewhere?

Thanks,

Bill
Cincinnati, OH USA

More about : phones sim

Anonymous
November 11, 2004 10:38:29 PM

Any Nextel branded phone will work with your SIM.

"Bill Nicholson" <usenet@nicholsoncomputerconsulting.com> wrote in message news:<25Nkd.6$Mm6.3@fe37.usenetserver.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I dropped my i60c and broke the hinge, but the unit still works. I want to
> buy another phone without getting gouged by Nextel but I don't know which
> models will take my SIM card. it there a compatibility database somewhere?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Bill
> Cincinnati, OH USA
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 11:02:08 PM

"Bill Nicholson" <usenet@nicholsoncomputerconsulting.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I dropped my i60c and broke the hinge, but the unit still works. I want
> buy another phone without getting gouged by Nextel but I don't know which
> models will take my SIM card. it there a compatibility database somewhere?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Bill
> Cincinnati, OH USA

I have a good shape i60c that you can have for $30 + shipping.Works
fine.Comes with Motorola car charger,dual desktop charger,2 batteries and a
keyboard (QWERTY type).

Wayne
wayner @ nycap rr com
November 13, 2004 12:16:28 AM

A friend who switched his SIM from his i60c to his i730 has some issues with
some ring tone assigning and Java based applications.My Falcon SIM works
fine on his i730,so there might be conflicts using i60 SIM on newer Falcon
phones.His contacts,voicemails transferred over fine,but lost his call
history and his saved Text messages.
Hope this helps
Wayne

"dep_blueman" <dep_blueman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Any Nextel branded phone will work with your SIM.
>
> "Bill Nicholson" <usenet@nicholsoncomputerconsulting.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I dropped my i60c and broke the hinge, but the unit still works. I want
> > buy another phone without getting gouged by Nextel but I don't know
which
> > models will take my SIM card. it there a compatibility database
somewhere?

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bill
> > Cincinnati, OH USA
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 12:16:29 AM

call history and text messages are saved on the phone not the sim card,
it does not mater which sim card you have.

--
1badss
http://cellphoneforums.net

In message <MK9ld.2239$zk7.1903@twister.nyroc.rr.com> "WKR"
<Wayner@nycap.rr.comREMOVE> wrote:

>A friend who switched his SIM from his i60c to his i730 has some issues with
>some ring tone assigning and Java based applications.My Falcon SIM works
>fine on his i730,so there might be conflicts using i60 SIM on newer Falcon
>phones.His contacts,voicemails transferred over fine,but lost his call
>history and his saved Text messages.
>Hope this helps

No "conflict", the 32K SIM simply doesn't support setting per-contact
ringtones.

Call history, for instance, is not stored on the SIM at all, but rather,
is stored in the phone. When you power up the phone with a different
SIM it wipes the call history.

IIRC text messages should be on the SIM, so should move over with you,
but I'm not 100% sure without looking it up.

--
"I think women and sea men don't mix"
-- Smithers, Simpsons