lewis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003

I need some help please.

For the last month or so, I haven't been able to bring up anything that is
Google- ( gmail- Google search ) or any web site that my use google search
engine.

There must be something in the registry to stop google. When I had the
Google toolbar installed and when I typed something into search, it would
say server can't be found.

If I clicked on other services in the toolbar - a # sign would show up in
the address box ( www.google.com# )

But that is as far as it would go.

I have tried everything- spyware- virus-registry cleaner.
thanks
Lewis

Begin by looking (with Notepad) at the contents of file "Hosts" at
%windir%\system32\drivers\etc folder.
See if there is any entries for "google".

Is that the only site you cannot browse to? Are you using Internet Explorer
browser? and does it have any 3rd-party tools/extensions?
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User