Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Why is Nextel better than a cell phone?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
November 12, 2004 12:32:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

And why is it better than a reg cell phone? Or is it?

My current cell phone contract is up with US Cellular
and Im looking at other "options"

More about : nextel cell phone

Anonymous
November 12, 2004 2:57:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

depends on what you are looking for. Their rate plans are competetive
with other carriers and there phones are a little behind the times but
still very nice. if you know people with direct connect it is very
nice, i find my self using this more eash month. They are also the
only carrier to offer unlimited incoming calls which i find to be very
cost effetive for me.


--
1badss
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t157449.html
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 2:05:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

For the most part, Nextel phones are behind the times in terms of features,
and are on the pricey side as well. No free phones with
Nextel either. The free incoming has got to be the sweetest deal out there.
I have the Nextel National Free Incoming Plus 800, whjich also gives
unlimited web and text messaging. I use the phone for business purposes
also, but I average 4000 incoming min per month. It all depends on what you
want out of the phone and service



<me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:frl9p0tltb6agsduca90vq8eestnha5jlu@4ax.com...
> And why is it better than a reg cell phone? Or is it?
>
> My current cell phone contract is up with US Cellular
> and Im looking at other "options"
Related resources
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 7:43:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Free phones are easy to come by for a new Nextel customer. Just check
out Amazon or LetsTalk.com.

-D

"Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R" <js1906@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<grwld.502461$mD.174842@attbi_s02>...
> For the most part, Nextel phones are behind the times in terms of features,
> and are on the pricey side as well. No free phones with
> Nextel either. The free incoming has got to be the sweetest deal out there.
> I have the Nextel National Free Incoming Plus 800, whjich also gives
> unlimited web and text messaging. I use the phone for business purposes
> also, but I average 4000 incoming min per month. It all depends on what you
> want out of the phone and service
>
>
>
> <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> news:frl9p0tltb6agsduca90vq8eestnha5jlu@4ax.com...
> > And why is it better than a reg cell phone? Or is it?
> >
> > My current cell phone contract is up with US Cellular
> > and Im looking at other "options"
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 6:44:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

On 14 Nov 2004 16:43:25 -0800, dep_blueman@yahoo.com (dep_blueman)
said in alt.cellular.nextel:

>Free phones are easy to come by for a new Nextel customer. Just check
>out Amazon or LetsTalk.com.

Most independent Nextel dealers will give you the i205 free on an
activation. Maybe only on a 2 year activation. Depends on the
dealer.
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 10:01:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

the point is that you can find plenty of places with good prices on
phones when you are signing up for new service with nextel.


--
1badss
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t157449.html
November 16, 2004 11:46:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

>Most independent Nextel dealers will give you the i205 free on an
>activation. Maybe only on a 2 year activation. Depends on the
>dealer.

Well thanks for the info and help guys

Bottom line ..it sounds like Nextel is not for me
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 5:47:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

LetsTalk has good prices but they lie about the shipping time quite often.
They were good a year ago but they are rated very low on customer
satisfation today, mostly because of bad customer service and stating they
ship within 24 hours of your order and so far after broken promises I am
still waiting on mine after 8 days of being approved for my second phone
from them in 1 year.

there is a site called something like http://free-flip-cell-phones.com/ that
have the i860 camera phone for free after all of the rebates. I have no
experience with them yet though.

I will never go back to LetsTalk.Com after this fiasco.
Just my 2 cents after my latest experience.
"dep_blueman" <dep_blueman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:aa297123.0411141643.7074b718@posting.google.com...
> Free phones are easy to come by for a new Nextel customer. Just check
> out Amazon or LetsTalk.com.
>
> -D
>
> "Smitty Smitt - ZX-12R" <js1906@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:<grwld.502461$mD.174842@attbi_s02>...
>> For the most part, Nextel phones are behind the times in terms of
>> features,
>> and are on the pricey side as well. No free phones with
>> Nextel either. The free incoming has got to be the sweetest deal out
>> there.
>> I have the Nextel National Free Incoming Plus 800, whjich also gives
>> unlimited web and text messaging. I use the phone for business purposes
>> also, but I average 4000 incoming min per month. It all depends on what
>> you
>> want out of the phone and service
>>
>>
>>
>> <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> news:frl9p0tltb6agsduca90vq8eestnha5jlu@4ax.com...
>> > And why is it better than a reg cell phone? Or is it?
>> >
>> > My current cell phone contract is up with US Cellular
>> > and Im looking at other "options"
!