i cannot seem to activate automatic updates on my machine
i have installed all latest updates and security packs and every time i turn
on my machine it says i am not protected as i dont have auto updates set i
follow the instructions and it wont work(it wont allow me to highlight any
options)

can anyone help ??

bobby milk

"bobby milk" <bobbymilk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i cannot seem to activate automatic updates on my machine
> i have installed all latest updates and security packs and every time i
> turn
> on my machine it says i am not protected as i dont have auto updates set i
> follow the instructions and it wont work(it wont allow me to highlight any
> options)

Is the options greyed out? If so, perform these actions.

Navigate to this location in the registry,

HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU

You can safely delete everything in the right-hand pane. But if you are
unsure (make a back-up), export the reg entries. Right-click on AU and
select export. If you need to restore the keys, simply double-click the
exported files.

--
William

TRENDING THREADS