Has anyone ever seen the search feature in XP continuously loop between
search and a finished state? I have changed changed the settings to advanced
and turned off the dog! The search returns results, but then automatically
starts to search again, this looping never ends.
General Infornation:
There is no event log entry
it is in a domain environment
we are searching a network share
updates are controlled by WSUS and are 100% up to date.
It is running symantec Antivirus corp 10 with latest updates
There appears to be no spyware on the system, it is running malicious
software removal tool.
Thanks in advance
--
Mark A. King
Windows 2003 MCSE

Show the hidden files and folders Rightclick C:\Windows\Inf\srchasst.inf Click install. The required file is in ../I386 folder on
the XP CD

--
Mark L. Ferguson